Gents, I regret to say that we have to cancel the lunch that was due to take place this Saturday - 11th February
The pitch is still snow covered and the playing surface like concrete. With no forecast of any material improvement in temperature this week, the game is virtually certain to be postponed. The final decision on this cannot be taken until Friday/Saturday and will be announced on this website.
As the Cup takes preference over the league, this Junior Vase game will actually take place on the first Saturday that our pitch is playable (hopefully either 18th or 25th of Feb)
As the cup tie against Old Wimbledonians is an important fixture for Cantabs I propose to provide a pre-match Chilli (utilising a famous Faben recipe) for those who want it. Price will be £5 per head - first come first served.
You should expect to see further advice with regard to this event as soon as the weather warms up!
Thank you for your continuing support.
Our Recent Posts
UPDATE - GAME OFF AT BECCLES - WATERLOGGED PITCH
1st Team squad was:
1 Ben Tozer, 2 Tom Bailey, 3 Isaia Barbieri, 4 Jonny Heaver, 5 Tim Kirkconel,...
Teams for Saturday 18th Jan
January 17, 2020
Cantabs having last played a month ago, were keen to continue their winning run, which stretched back to the second game of the season. Wisbech had ma...
Cantabs brush off the cobwebs to tackle Wisbech
January 10, 2020
A local Derby was in prospect; second versus third in London 3. On Friday the pitch was puddling, but some good drying weather followed and we were pr...
Ely Tigers push Cantabs all the way
December 14, 2019
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!